Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Homeowners, at last!

We signed the contract and are closing on the house at the end of August. I'm trying not to get too excited since anything could happen between now and then. But then I think of our one acre of land and the beautiful country mountain views surrounding the house and I just can't help but get really, really excited!
We'll have to do a lot of work to the inside of the house. Imagine the worst of the 70's meeting the worst of the 80's, mating, and producing the hideous offspring of wood paneling, drop ceilings, florescent lighting, and sponge painting. But, there's a lot of potential there. Aaron already has a floor plan drawn up; he's moving doors and building a walk-in closet or two. It's handy to have a handy husband. I struck a deal with him that I'd take care of all the paperwork if he'd take care of all the remodeling. With a stodgy loan officer, I think I already have the worse end of the deal.
On another note, I just finished reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". It is now my second favorite book of all times, right behind "To Kill A Mockingbird".

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Congrats on the house!!! Loooooove TKAM. But I bet you already knew that.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home