Tuesday, June 20, 2006

How I amused myself while Aaron was gone

I had all kinds of plans to accomplish great things last week when Aaron was in St Louis. I was going to re-pot my herbs, clean up my writing samples, clean out closets and take stuff to Goodwill, organize my photographs that have been sitting in bags in my bedside table drawer for about three years, organize my recipes, clean the entire house, and begin the time-consuming task of changing my last name with my bank, student loan, and various and sundry companies that faithfully bill me each month.

I did take stuff to Goodwill.

Other than that, I watched a looot of crap tv. You know you're past the point of no return when you find yourself watching the E! True Hollywood Story: Charles in Charge - a show you never even watched when it was on the air. I also found out way more than I needed to know about child stars who have gone bad. Or have just gone. But the pinnacle of my debauchery came when I planned my whole Thursday evening around the Britney Spears interview. The baby blue glitter eyeshadow! The cleavage! The tears! The not-so-believeable declaration of love for K-Fed! Then my sister-in-law Mary called, and we discussed the entire interview like we'd just watched the Presidential debates.

It's back to normal now, though; PBS is running the story of Isaac Newton. Aaron is making various intelligent comments. I just got done surfing People.com, trying to find out when and where Nicole Kidman is getting married this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn D. Sokol said...

Wow! This sounds like me! I make all these plans to get some substantial stuff done, then nix it to just veg out and watch bad TV...you and I have too much in common! :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Sooo funny!! I read that too about Nicole last weekend and told Mark. he was entirely disinterested.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home