Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hopefully the last big life change for quite some time

I start my new full time job next week and I can't wait. It's with a publishing company here in town and is about 10 minutes from my house. I'm going to love it for several reasons: 1) Out of the ten people I've met so far who work there, ALL of them say they love their job and would never, ever leave. 2) The company publishes books, so it's like the mother ship is calling me home. 3) I can sleep until just after 7:00 and still make it to work on time. 4) Books! Books! 5) The benefits are awesome. 6) It's located downtown. When I tell people I work downtown, they'll be fooled into thinking I'm a cool, hip downtown-worker. Of course, that initial impression will be shattered within minutes of continuing a conversation with me.

4 Comments:

Blogger SHANNON & AARON TUCKER said...

Who is going to handle your husbands art business now that you are working full itme?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tracy Helgeson said...

Hi Shannon, I usually comment on Aaron's side but check on you too. Looking forward to hearing about the new job!

What kind of writing do you do?

4:06 PM  
Blogger SHANNON & AARON TUCKER said...

Hi Tracy,

Thanks! I'm enjoying keeping up with what's going on with your art, too.

I write short stories and have a couple of book ideas in the works as well. Who knows if they'll ever be published, but it's fun and a good way to get my thoughts out.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy Helgeson said...

Fiction? Do you send out the short stories to get them published? Oh wait, don't answer, write a post about it!

I have always thought I might want to write a book, but doing the blog has turned out to be a really good alternative for me.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home