Friday, March 24, 2006

Where livin's easy and the life is good

We ended up watching the Oscars. The world’s greatest detective was a repeat. Aaron thought Jon Stewart was consistently funny. He also was pulling for Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but went to bed too early and didn’t see him win.

I, on the other hand, valiantly stayed awake until 11:00 pm, until just after Reese won it. I was so proud of her. I think I can safely say that if it weren’t for “Legally Blonde”, my life would be a shambles.

I am always slightly ashamed of myself for being so enamored with the stars. I think it’s a malady with which many women struggle. My friend Amber, who is one of the smartest and hippest women I know, buys People Magazine and hides it from her husband. I used to work with a company who printed People. They promised to send me a free copy each week but failed to do so. When their contract came up for renewal, I went with another vendor.

Aaron enjoyed the awards, I could tell. Halfway through the ceremonies he told me he wanted to become famous. Then we practiced what we would say to all the interviewers as we walked down the red carpet. It made me a little less embarrassed that I’d been practicing my Oscar acceptance speech in front of the bathroom mirror a couple hours earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home