Monday, June 12, 2006

Road trips and one mediocre book

Aaron leaves for St Louis tomorrow to go to an art convention. I am planning to do some serious cleaning. I usually clean when I'm nervous or anxious, and I'm nervous and anxious that he's going to get into a fiery car crash on the highway. I started tonight with the bathroom and kitchen and will probably continue tomorrow with the laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming, and dusting. I don't know what I'll do the rest of the week.
We're reading "The Mermaid Chair" in my book club and so far I'm not impressed. The main character just seems so whiny and self-absorbed. I've heard "The Secret Life of Bees" is better.
We visited my sister-and brother-in-law this weekend in Athens, TN. Athens is home to the Lost Sea and Mayfield ice cream. All the walking I did at the Lost Sea did not nearly make up for the five and a half gallons of ice cream I consumed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Could you possibly come clean my house, too? ?? : ) I hated the Mermaid Chair. Blech. Bees is much better.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn D. Sokol said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Dawn D. Sokol said...

I wish you lived nearby, you could come over and clean my house, too!

Bees is REALLY good; read it! Haven't read Mermaid...don't think I will! :)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home