Monday, April 17, 2006

Workin' Nine to Five

So....very....tired. I started my new job today. I woke up at 1:00 and stayed awake until almost 5:00. I don't think I've ever been this anxious about starting a new job before. For some reason, I had it in my head they'd take one look at the first thing I did, tell me they'd made a huge mistake and to just go ahead, pack up the Pentel Fine Point I'd brought in with me, and hit the highway.

But the day went well. And the perks are quite nice. Yoga every Monday at 4:00 for anyone who wants to participate. A massage therapist comes in every other Friday. And Wednesday is Bagel Day; free bagels are brought in for the entire company and freely given to one and all. An Associate Editor told me they are very food oriented at this company. I knew right then that I was the girl for them after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger SHANNON & AARON TUCKER said...

can you bring me a bagel next wednesday?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Those are really great perks!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Tracy Helgeson said...

Boy, things sure have changed since I last had a real job!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home