Sunday, April 23, 2006

Various and Sundry

Before I got this job with the publishing company, I worked for a small, religious organization. A friend of mine, upon hearing about the free yoga, bagels, and massage at my current job, remarked, "So, you basically traded God for a bagel."

I went on a huge shopping spree today. I haven't been on an all-encompassing shopping excursion in weeks, and we had about four pages of things we needed. Customer service is not what it used to be. When you ask an Associate where an item is located, I've found their preferred method of answering your question is to: a.) tell you they don't work in that department and don't know what you're talking about, b.) tell you they think what you're looking for is probably located in (X) department, and then c.) wave you off with a grunt in the general direction of said department. Essentially, you end up walking up and down aisles you've traversed many times before, desperately seeking a 3M wall hook. You will find said wall hook in the bathroom decor section, next to a soap dish.

My cousin got married in Gastonia this weekend. I was amazed to find that only two glasses of wine will convince me I have the dance moves equal to that of Britney Spears in her heyday, before she became tainted by the Pepsi empire and K-Fed. I was upstaged only by one of my aunts, who told us she could duplicate James Brown's moves, and then proceeded to execute them right there in front of God and everybody.

Aaron and I went out with our friends, Rob and Christine, on Friday. We saw The Brunettes play. They were great. If you haven't heard them (The Brunettes, not Rob and Christine), you must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home